With over 25 years experience in franchising, Graham has spent time as both franchisee and franchisor, holding senior Director roles with various franchises in different sectors, including almost 10 years as a serving franchisor Director with the British Franchise Association.
Graham has practical experience of starting, building and developing a franchise concept from scratch and can help any positive potential franchisor to successfully build a franchise and just as importantly ensure they avoid making costly mistakes along the way.
Graham has experience in the retail sector, manufacturing sector, healthcare sector and service sector. Be Franchising is based in Barnard Castle, North East England.
Previously held director level positions with franchised companies including Apollo Blinds (Hunter Douglas), Essential Healthcare and the British Franchise Association. Also worked with Rainbow International (Part of the ISS Group), Colorvision and Pickfords Travel and since 2008 has advised various franchise companies on setting up and establishing ethical franchise systems.
Currently company director and owner of Be Franchising and Eco-Mist Biotechnics.
Specialties: Specialist in franchising businesses, including International expansion through franchising, licensing, distribution and agents. Focus on introducing improvements through process development and operational procedures.
- Extensive sales and marketing experience in the direct, retail and business to business sectors, including contract negotiations, tendering and project implementation
- Business Start-ups and business development
- International Franchising & Licensing Expert
- Effecting Change within organisations
- Management, development and control of teams
- Analysing businesses and creating strategies for growth
- Brand building with direct responsibility for brand identity, marketing campaigns and development of marketing materials, including printed matter, traditional and social media
- Manufacturing & Production experience from factory site sourcing to final product and associated quality control systems
- Profit focussed with full responsibility for the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Creating Budgets, profit and loss forecasts and cash flow forecasts
- Strong business acumen and a good problem solver
- Developed a brand new franchise concept from pilot operation stage to become a reputable brand within the highly competitive healthcare sector.
- Introduced new products and services to the market place through entrepreneurial flair and successful negotiations with key suppliers
- Turned around a loss making mature franchise network from -8% net profit to +18%
- Doubled turnover and size of the franchise network
- Moved production of the manufacturing process from Scotland to North East England setting up a new facility from scratch to become a centre of excellence
- Developed successful marketing campaigns which included print, promotions, radio and television advertising – the latter producing a sales uplift of 100% for the duration of the campaign
- Broad multi-sector experience including retail, healthcare, service industries, manufacturing, franchising and licensing
INTERESTS & HOBBIES
- Family. Four children and four grandchildren
- Music – play various instruments in a local band
- Golf, if I can find the time!
- Still get a thrill from helping positive people to realise their ambitions
To arrange a free initial consultation with Graham please complete the form below;